Friday, November 6, 2009

Confessions and a little action, baby!

Confession #1: I'm pretty much obsessed. With Pioneer Woman, that is.

How did she get so cool?!?! I mean seriously, people. How can ONE person have that many talents all to herself? Share the love here, please! Of course I want to be her. And live in her lodge. And eat her food. And ride her horses. C'mon, who doesn't?

Confession #2: I love The Biggest Loser reality show. I'm totally into it. Just in case you didn't know, I am really NOT the type of person to follow a bunch of shows with crazy intense drama queens with "reality" that is so staged it's stupid. But I admit I do make a few exceptions. One of which is The Biggest Loser (maybe you'll find out my other exceptions on a later post...). There are several reasons why I like this show. Without going into every single one, I'll let you in on one biggie: Jillian Michaels.

Yeah, she's tough. Yeah, she's mean. Yeah, she's BUFF. And I love it. I kind of want to be her (minus the profanity, of course). Actually, I think I could be her if I ever figure out how to get rid of my insecurities. I think there is a little Jillian lurking beneath this skin of mine...

So moral of the story, I want to be PW + JM. Is that even possible?

But that's totally a random tangent. Back to PW. Did I happen to mention she's an AWESOME self taught photographer. I know, really. It makes me sick too. :) She posts really cool photography tutorials, giveaways, etc. on her blog all the time. I love browsing and playing with the cool stuff I learn over yonder (just working on my country drawl here). Here is one of PW's actions in ACTION! I use Photoshop Elements which doesn't exactly support actions, but it does let me play around with things to create the same effect. Thanks to PW, again, I was able to work it on these two photos here. Check out the befores and afters.

Before




Before


After


Oh yeah. And I love babies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm addicted too Paige, that's one of the shows I actually record if I know I'm going to miss it. But I don't like Jillian, I just love watching the "contestant's" lives transform. Glad that lady whose family died is gone, as much as I loved her, I couldn't look at her without bawling.

    ReplyDelete