Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm in love.

With a lens. 24-70 Canon L series, to be exact. I'm sorry, hubby, but you're going to have to move over.

This baby won my heart on a recent photo shoot for my friend, Stefanie (Click on her name and check out her awesome photography website!). I was doing just fine with my 50mm (love that kid) until the sun rays struck. Maybe it was because I don't have a hood, but my lens just refused to focus on a shot that I knew I HAD to have. Fortunately when you're taking photos of a photographer for her website, she brings along her camera bag with all its goodies. Inside I found the apple of my eye (do people still use that expression anymore? I'm pretty sure they don't. For the past 40 years. Thanks Mom.). Stef came to my rescue and courageously let me borrow her 24-70 lens and it did the trick. Oh boy, did it ever. The rest of the photo shoot was pure bliss. And the post-processing of these photos? A JOKE. I'm not kidding you. The photos I am posting here are STRAIGHT OUT OF CAMERA! NO alterations WHATSOEVER! OK, so it doesn't hurt that Stef was a runway model in a previous life she pretends she doesn't remember, but honestly. LOOK at the beauty. Like I said. I am IN LOVE. Give me a few weeks/months and you can bet I'll have justified this purchase to death. Just you wait!! It will be mine!

So here are the pictures from my most favorite photo shoot YET! I had fun playing around with exposure and lighting and this gorgeous lens. Enjoy!




















4 comments:

  1. I could come up with a lot of reasons why you NEED this lens for you - looks great, Paige, you're getting so awesome . When are you coming to CT to do a shoot for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaww, you are too nice to me!! you did a FABULOUS JOB! i am in love with the pictures- probably the best that i have ever had of me- INCLUDING my wedding day! :) youre great. thanks so much!
    and im glad i could introduce you to my pride and joy- it truly is an AMAZING lens! im sure your husband would approve of the purchase- visit keh.com to see if you can find it used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Paige these are awesome! The lighting is incredible. And your subject is beautfiul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the close up with the weeds and sunlight around her face. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete