Thursday, May 13, 2010

More from Me Ra

You thought I forgot. I know you did. Ok, so maybe I almost did. But as promised, here are some more photos from my weekend with Me Ra Koh and her husband, Brian.

I'm not sure what to say about these photoshoots except that they were huge learning experiences for me. I stronly dislike (hate is too big a word) posing people to get a certain shot. Unfortunatley, I'm learning that is necessary to some degree. People just don't automatically feel comfortable in front of the camera (check out katiekettphotography.com to see my personal evidence of this) so you pretty much HAVE to help them along. At first I felt paralyzed when our models walked out. I suddenly had absolutely no idea how to take a photo (and if you'd seen some of my follies, you would understand). Fortunately I was surrounded by other women who were incredibly motivating and encouraging. At the end of the day, these were some of my favorites. It's OK to kiss a bunch of frogs to get to the prince still, right?




Katie Kett. We partnered up to see what it was like in front of the camera (AWKWARD. That's what it's like.). Great exercise for all of us. And this stinkin' cute girl can NOT take a bad photo!! Too bad my focus was all out of whack...

Check out her stuff at KatieKettPhotography.com. She's awesome. And from Chicago.





The End.

But not really cause I still have more.

2 comments:

  1. PAIGE>>>My, my, my.......These are soooo good. You have gone from ok to photographer of the week/year. Of course the fact that you get such fabulous subjects might help a bit. So cute!! Look out Chris Simmons! That little girl is precious and the lady has such a great smile. Anyone take your picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, did you not catch on to my hints to check out Katie's blog? Well, I was trying to infer that there are a few photos of me over there. Check it out. :) Love ya, Mom.

    ReplyDelete